Monday 22 February 2010

Endangered Weapon Faces Extinction

Some bad news this week, perhaps as mean-spirited cosmic penance for the week-before-last's truly awesome news: Mangaquake, the Futurequake Press comic that was to be publishing my strip Endangered Weapon B, is sadly no more.  This is a big loss for the ever-dwindling UK small press and a blow for anyone who likes stories about bears in robot armour pumelling Nazi space dolphins on the moon - which I guess is realistically just me. 

Well, the world may never know what it's missing, because I have absolutely idea where else to send it.  I will of course have a dig around, and hopefully find a new home for Endangered Weapon.  Kidding aside, I think it's a really strong script, and I'm not ready to give up on it just yet.  If anyone reading this knows of anywhere that might be interested in ten pages of somewhat Manga-inspired comedy sci-fi featuring grizzly on dolphin violence then I'd be hugely grateful.  Likewise, if anyone with comic art experience fancies a rather surreal illustrating challenge then please get in touch, either by leaving a comment or e-mail me at contact@davidtallerman.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment