Sunday 26 July 2009

Here be Limelight

As mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'm now a famous celebrity type, and it only seems fair to share a few photos of my exciting new status. This way, when the inevatable tabloid furore begins, at least the world will know there was once a time when I wasn't being kicked out of nightclubs at 4AM for trying to snort cocaine off Mary Winehouse's bosoms. All photos are of course from the Parallel Dimensions event to promote Hadley Rille Books, and all are courtesy of event organiser Adele Cosgrove-Bray.

First up, here's me reading. Note the intense concentration and the way I'm completely ignoring the audience:















Next up, this is from the Q & A session. I'm the one in the middle trying to look thoughtful while actually just picking at a loose thread on my knee:















And finally, so as not to give the impression I was the only one there - that was David Clements on the left of me, and Hazel Dixon on my right. And here we have Adrienne Odasso, Rob Haines and David Clements once again. Astute readers might be able to guess from the relative positions of mine and Rob's hands what the last question asked was. Ladies, please bear in mind that I've always been excessively modest!















Finally, here's a link to lots more pictures, which aren't me-centric enough to warrant posting here.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic even - only sorry I couldn't make it and meet all the other UK based Hadley Rille authors. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate. Yeah, looking back it was a fun day. At the time I was a little disappointed with the turnout, but since then my mate Rafe's pointed out that he's seen a professional author pull in less of a crowd, so I guess we did pretty well.

    Hope to see you there next year.

    ReplyDelete