Wednesday 28 March 2018

My Eastercon 2018 Schedule

How can it be nearly time for Eastercon already?  Oh well!  At least it's practically on my doorstep for a change, in the delightful town of Harrogate, which is probably the Paris of the north or something.  Honestly, I'd check, but I'm supposed to moderating a panel on Saturday and I haven't got a thing prepared - not to mention the imminent novel deadline and the copy-edits and approximately a-million-and-a-half other things - so I really ought to be concentrating on all that instead of singing the praises of Harrogate, lovely as it surely is.  With that out of the way, here's what I'm up to:

Games: Story Versus Mechanics
30th March 2018, Friday 16:00 - 17:15, Syndicate 334 (Majestic Hotel)
Boardgames (and RPGs) all have mechanics, and most of them have a story or theme. Which matters more to players' enjoyment? When do they work well together? What happens when are they at cross purposes?
With: John Coxon, Kieron Gillen, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Esther MacCallum-Stewart (M), David Tallerman 
 The Boundaries of Horror
31st March 2018, Saturday 11:00 - 12:00, Reading Room (Majestic Hotel)
What makes a story horror? How far can creators stretch the definition? Are there stories presented as horror that aren't? Our panel analyses the genre.
With: Ramsey Campbell, The Fossil, David Tallerman (M), Woadwarrior, Neil Williamson
In case you missed it, I'm moderating The Boundaries of Horror, so please do come to that one.  And why not prepare a few questions in advance?  If I don't get my act together soon, I'll need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment