Friday 9 August 2013

Nine Worlds Schedule

In about half an hour I'll be heading off to the first ever Nine Worlds conference.  I've been lucky enough to meet some of the organizers, to hear them talk about their grandiose plans and even to have some very minor input behind the scenes, so I can say with confidence that it's going to be a really exciting weekend.  No one's ever tried anything exactly like this in the UK, and whether it's a colossal success or an extravagant disaster, I'm glad I get to be there.  (Obviously, I'm expecting more of the former than the latter!)

Anyway, asides from the usual commitments, (i.e. the bar), this is how I'll be spending my weekend:

All this and more!
Saturday

1 PM - 2 PM: Signing @ the Forbidden Planet Stand

18:45 - 20:00: SCIENCE FICTION DOUBLE FEATURE: GENDER AND SEXUALITY IN SFF Panel

With: Roz Kaveney, Tricia Sullivan, Rochita
Loenen-Ruiz and moderated by Jon Weir




Sunday

15:15 - 16:30: MY FIRST TIME: DEBUT
NOVELISTS DISH THE DIRT


With: Den Patrick, Benedict Jacka, Francis Knight,
Emma Newman
and moderated by me.

Yes, that's right, I'm moderating my first panel!  I'm already terrified, so by Sunday I should be entirely petrified with panic!  Why not come and watch me stare blank-eyed at the audience for five minutes, then jabber something about buns and the Industrial Revolution and topple off my chair, whimpering like a recently castrated puppy?  It promises to be the high point of the entire weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment